3 tablespoons salted butter
3 tablespoons flour.
1 cup minced onion.
1 tablespoon freshly chopped garlic
2½ cups beef broth.
¾ cup heavy cream
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon coarse black pepper
¼ teaspoon ground allspice
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon tabasco
1 teaspoon Worchestershire
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic until cooked.
- Add the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the beef broth and worcestershire and bring to a simmer
- Add heavy cream and meatballs.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the gravy thickens.
- In about 10 minutes, season with salt, pepper, nutmeg, and allspice.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lingonberry jam if desired.