1 New York Petite (Strip Loin) roast trimmed with ¼ inch fat and tied
2 tablespoons House blend (recipe to right)
½ cup chopped garlic.
¼ cup finely chopped fresh Rosemary
¼ cup finely chopped fresh Thyme
¼ cup finely chopped fresh Oregano.
¼ cup finely chopped fresh Parsley
½ cup roughly chopped fresh shallots
1 cup Extra virgin olive oil
1 cup Kosher Coarse Salt
½ cup Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
¼ cup Granulated garlic
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- Allow roast to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour prior to cooking.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- Massage the fresh herb marinade on the roast for 2-3 minutes.
- Place roast on a rack in the pan with the meat side down and the fatty side up.
- Roast for 15 minutes at 400 degree F and then reduce heat to 350 degree F.Cook until desired temperature has been reached.
- Baste the roast with the juices in the pan and let it rest for 10 min before carving.
- Cook time will vary on size and weight of the roast. Rule of thumb for cooking a roast is 15 minutes per pound at 350 degrees F.
- Let Roast rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.
- Rare – 110-120 degrees F
- Medium Rare – 120-130 Degrees F
- Medium – 130-140 Degrees F
- Medium Well – 140-155 Degrees F
- Well done – 155-165 Degrees F
*Please note: Roast will continue to cook as it is resting before carving